Achieve the unachievable with ghd’s new wet-to-dry styler…
Here at UK Beauty Club, we have barely been able to contain our excitement as ghd has now launched their new Duet 2-in-1 Hot Air Styler! Designed to give your hair the perfect combination of style and shine, whether your go-to style is sleek and straight tresses or soft and subtle waves - this innovative tool is here to help you achieve your desired look in no time. Specially created with both an iconic brushless motor and titanium styling plates, this amazing styler will give you the power of professional results without ever needing to leave your home! So grab your favourite hairspray and heat protectant spray and get ready to experience the revolutionary features of ghd's latest styling masterpiece!
So what is the ghd Duet we hear you ask? Simply put, it’s the latest creation from world-leading hair styling brand ghd that simultaneously dries and straightens hair without damage, saving you precious time and making it a must-have for your hair routine.
Now for the techy part – with its AirFusion technology, the new GHD Duet combines the very best of GHD’s drying and heat styling technologies by combining internal aerodynamics with four heated smart styling plates that operate at an optimal temperature for wet hair, working efficiently to dry and style hair simultaneously, all whilst minimising the risk of breakage, sizzling and heat damage. An exclusive Shine Shot mode transforms the tool into a ghd heat styler operating at 185 degrees with no air, allowing you to style dry hair and achieve super smooth results.
Naturally, we were all super excited when these arrived at UK Beauty Club HQ but a few of the team couldn’t help feeling a little sceptical about whether it would work – so we thought we would trial the new styler at our sister salon and we couldn’t believe the results! The client we trialled it for had naturally thick and wavy hair, making it a solid test for the Duet… but it passed with flying colours! The client was absolutely thrilled with the end results, taking a fraction of the time it would usually take to blow dry and style.
So, who is the ghd Duet Style suitable for?
Good news (and good hair days) for all, the Duet is suitable for all hair types and lengths. Typically, hair will go from wet to dry in just 2-4 passes but this will vary depending on hair types.
How do I use the ghd Duet?
- It is best to use the ghd Duet on freshly washed, clean and towel-dried hair.
- Apply ghd Sleek Talker Wet To Sleek Styling Oil through damp hair to keep it protected and looking its best.
- To turn on the Duet, slide the switch, after a couple of seconds you will hear the motor. Once the styler is ready, after around 15 seconds, you will hear the beep and the flashing light will turn solid. Your Duet Style is now ready to use
- To dry and style the hair - Take a 1-2 inch section of hair that is no wider than the plate. When using the Duet Style in drying mode, simply place the styler at the root and hold for 2-3 seconds. The angled root drying vents will dry the root area, then slowly glide the plates down the hair maintaining a steady speed. Repeat this process; on average 2-4 passes will dry and style the hair.
- Using Shine Shot mode for styling hair - Shine shot mode is for dry hair only. When in shine shot mode, use your Duet like any other straightener to achieve waves or super glossy sleek looks. Shine shot can be activated when the tool is on by simply pressing and holding the shine shot button for 4 seconds. When activated the fan will stop and the light will start flashing. When the plates have reached the optimum styling temperature of dry hair 185°C, the tool will sound and the light will stop flashing. At this point the tool is ready to use on dry hair only.
- Finish your look with a small amount of hair oil through the mid lengths and ends of the hair, then use the ghd Perfect Ending Final Fix Spray to set your new sleek style in place.
So there you have it, a new 2-in-1 styler that’s a real game-changer to your hair styling routine (hello longer Monday morning lie-in) and takes you from just-showered to empowered in a fraction of the time. Find the Duet here at UK Beauty Club, we are sure you won’t be disappointed!