Preventing acne on the body
Blackheads and whiteheads can appear anywhere on the face, chest, back, or even lower! Blackheads occurring on the body are most common in those with genetically oily skin. However, a person using comedogenic or acnegenic lotions or body care products can experience blackheads on the body.
Here are 6 tips to help control and prevent body acne:
- Wear natural fibers, or fabrics specifically engineered to wick moisture away from the skin. This is especially important if you're working out.
- Experiencing acne where you carry a backpack or purse? Carry a bag with your hands instead.
- Shower as soon as possible after perspiring. If you can’t shower, carry a travel-friendly product containing Salicylic Acid to help purify and clear skin of excess oils.
- Wash the affected areas with a cleanser designed for acne-prone skin.
- After allowing the skin to dry, apply a product containing benzoyl peroxide to the affected areas.
- If you often suffer from dry skin, moisturize, using a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Excessively dry skin can lead to breakouts.